Menu

Oxon Hill Bicycle and Trail Club

Group for OHBIKE email list - Yahoo or Google?

• Mon, February 27, 2012 8:32 PM
    Message # 837554
    Deleted user
    For many years, the club has the OHBIKE Yahoo group (http://yahoogroups.com/group/ohbike). The group's email list (ohbike@yahoogroups.com) is used for communication between members on topics of common interest. The list has been especially useful for ride leaders to notify club members of changes in the ride schedule. With the new web site, ride leaders are now posting schedule changes on the “Ride Updates” blog. Advantages are that there is no delivery delay as with email, the schedule updates can be seen by anyone looking at the Ride Schedule or the new website’s Home Page, and there is an RSS feed from the “Ride Updates” blog to which anyone can subscribe. Members have expressed an interest in keeping an email list like the OHBIKE Yahoo group list. Consideration is being given to changing from a Yahoo group to a Google group. Comments on such a change can be made at the “Club News” forum under the topic of “Group for OHBIKE email list - Yahoo or Google?”
    Last modified: Wed, March 14, 2012 10:30 AM | Deleted user
  • Wed, February 29, 2012 7:57 AM
    Reply # 839305 on 837554
    I belong to a variety of groups. Some use yahoo groups and some use google groups.  To be honest I don't see any difference from the email side of things so I don't see any particular reason to change.  Mimi
  • Wed, February 29, 2012 1:59 PM
    Reply # 839685 on 837554
    Deborah Bowman (Administrator)
    What is the benefit of Google groups over Yahoo groups?

Oxon Hill Bicycle and Trail Club
P.O. Box 81  
Oxon Hill, MD 20750-0081

Patuxent River Rural Legacy Bicycle Ride Be a volunteer