Menu

Oxon Hill Bicycle and Trail Club

Richmond - Williamsburg

• Fri, August 02, 2019 7:13 PM
    Message # 7810004

We will be using this forum for ride planning etc.

• Sun, August 04, 2019 8:18 PM
    Reply # 7811851 on 7810004
    Walt Roscello (Administrator)

The riding plan distances will be about 62 miles on the first day, a few options between 35-65 miles on the second day, and the return day about the same as the first, or a little more direct if I can find a route.

All this riding will be relatively flat, small rollers only.

Last modified: Sun, August 04, 2019 8:19 PM | Walt Roscello (Administrator)
  • Mon, August 26, 2019 3:15 PM
    Reply # 7850240 on 7810004

As we discussed Friday evening, I said I would look into hotels for the planned trip.  Here is what i found out.  The weekend of Oct. 5 is Family weekend at William and Mary.  October 19 is home coming weekend.  That means there is very little or no availability on those weekends, especially since we will need to set up a courtesy block.  So I suggest that we change to Oct. 12 and 13.  That is Columbus day weekend, but better.  I got this info. from Holiday Inn Express.  The rate would be $119/night.  Checking routes, it looks to be about 5 miles from the end of the trail in Jamestown and a decent route for bikes OR 10 miles on the parkway.  There are several restaurants near the hotel and it looks pretty decent riding wise.

• Wed, August 28, 2019 9:37 PM
    Reply # 7854350 on 7810004
    Walt Roscello (Administrator)

Is it the same at the budget hotels?  Did you find any with good ratings?

I'm flexible on dates, would even do weekdays though I know it may not work for some others.  Why did we eliminate the earlier dates at the end of September?

• Thu, August 29, 2019 6:37 AM
    Reply # 7854805 on 7810004

I think that no one is paying attention to the forum.  We discussed changing the date at the Tuesday evening ride and others thought a change of date was not a great idea, so I posted a ride update and sent that same update out on the ohbike group email.  You must have seen it by now.  As i said the Fairfield Inn seemed most accessible without having to ride on 60...I used ride with GPS to trace routes from there to the trail head in Jamestown.  It seemed pretty good.

I looked into several hotels in this quality range;  they were all about the same.  There may be some cheaper ones, but my priority was accessibility by bike and nearby restaurants.  

I wanted to get the word out so that people could go ahead and make reservations while it is still possible to find something.

Oxon Hill Bicycle and Trail Club
P.O. Box 81  
Oxon Hill, MD 20750-0081

Patuxent River Rural Legacy Bicycle Ride Be a volunteer